BSTA respects each individual’s right to personal privacy. We will collect and use information only in the ways disclosed in this statement or at the time of collection. This statement applies solely to information collected at the BSTA Website.
Our Commitment to You
BSTA is committed to protecting and managing personally identifiable information you share with us (any information by which you can be identified, such as name, address, and telephone number). Clients are very important to us and we want to know who you are, but not abuse the use of the information you give us. All of the BSTA Website can be visited without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. To protect your privacy, we have adopted the following principles:
- When we collect personal information from you, it is our intent to inform you before we do that and to tell you what we intend to do with the information. You will have the option to “opt out” of certain uses of the information. If you choose not to provide the information we request, you can still visit and benefit from the content on this Website, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services.
- We do our best to maintain the accuracy of personal information you supply to us.
- We will take appropriate steps to protect the information you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
- We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law.
- We are committed to privacy and will only use the information you provide us as you request. Mistakes are possible; miscommunication is possible, but we strive to adhere to our high standards with honesty and integrity.
What Information is Collected
BSTA collects web analytics information about your visit to our Website using Google Analytics. We use this information for statistical purposes to make our site more accessible to visitors and the information we collect is not provided to any other third party. Specifically, we may record:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet.
- The Internet address of the Website from which you linked directly to our site, if any.
- The type of Web browsing software and operating system you are using to view our site.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The pages you visit on our site.
- The amount of time spent on the site.
Throughout the Website there may be forms to request information, products, and services. These forms typically ask for contact information (such as your phone, address or e-mail address). Contact information from these forms is used to send the information that you request.
Change in Terms of Privacy
Legal Use of this Website
You may access, download and print materials on this Website for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from this Website without first obtaining written consent from BSTA. Furthermore, you may not use the materials found on this Website on any other Websites or in a networked environment without first obtaining written consent from BSTA.
Permission to Copy and Distribute
Articles on this Website are available free of charge. They may be copied and redistributed as long as the full document with no modifications, author credits and copyright information is kept as is. Additionally, if you offer BSTA’s information through another Website, email, or publication, the Web/publication must be non-offensive and appropriate:
- If used for your newsletter, you must have an opt-in list – new subscribers are added only upon request – no spam.
- Any email must conform with the US Federal CAN-SPAM ACT of 2003
- Your Website or other publication must not contain any illegal, immoral, repulsive, defamatory, derogatory, harassing, harmful, threatening, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, racial or ethnic objectionable material, or depict sexual situations.
- Additionally, it cannot promote discrimination on the basis of race, sex, sexual preference, national origin, ethnicity, nationality, disability, or religious preference.
- Your site or publication must not contain any material that violates any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, confidential information, or other property rights of any other party.
Third Party Websites, Content, Products and Services
The Site may from time to time provide links to Websites and access to content, products and services from third parties, including users, advertisers, affiliates and sponsors of the Site. You agree that BSTA is not responsible for the availability of, and content provided on, third party Websites. You should refer to the policies posted by other Websites regarding privacy and other topics before you use them. You agree that BSTA is not responsible for third party content accessible through the Site, including opinions, advice, statements and advertisements, and understand that you bear all risks associated with the use of such content. If you choose to purchase any products or services from a third party, your relationship is directly with the third party. You agree that BSTA is not responsible for: (a) the quality of third party products or services; and (b) fulfilling any of the terms of your agreement with the seller, including delivery of products or services and warranty obligations related to purchased products or services. You agree that BSTA is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with any third party.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the materials on the Website are provided “as is”, are experimental, and are for commercial use only, and all express or implied conditions, representations and warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement, are disclaimed, except to the extent that such disclaimers are held to be legally invalid. BSTA makes no representations, warranties, or guarantees as to the quality, suitability, truth, accuracy or completeness of any of the materials contained on the Website. Any questions regarding the materials should be directed to the providers of such materials.
BSTA and/or its respective suppliers make no representations about the suitability of the information contained in the documents and related graphics published for any purpose. All such documents and related graphics are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. BSTA and/or its respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, including all warranties and conditions of merchantability, whether express, implied or statutory, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no event shall BSTA and/or its respective suppliers be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information available from the services.
The documents and related graphics published on the services could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. BSTA and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the product(s) and/or program(s) described herein at any time.
Limitations of Liability
BSTA shall not be liable for any damages suffered as a result of using, modifying, contributing, copying, distributing, or downloading materials from its Website. In no event shall BSTA be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damage (including loss of business, revenue, profits, use, data or other economic advantage) however it arises, whether for breach or in tort, even if BSTA has been previously advised of the possibility of such damage.
You agree to hold BSTA harmless from, and you covenant not to sue BSTA for, any claims based on using the Website.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless BSTA, its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site.
All matters relating to your access to, and use of, the Site shall be governed by U.S. federal law or the laws of the State of Massachusetts. Any legal action or proceeding relating to your access to, or use of, the Site shall be instituted in a state or federal court in Middlesex County, Massachusetts. You and BSTA agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in, these courts in any such legal action or proceeding.
Copyright / Trademark Information
© Copyright BSTA. All rights reserved. Other names appearing on the Site may be trademarks of their respective owners.